Following up on the 100NOK/10USD/10EUR cosplay challenge. The theme for May was Studio Ghibli. Since it is only a little over a month until I have to have my NCC costume done I didn't have time to work on it now. So my temporary contribution is my Monokoke Hime closet cosplay from last year (The closet cosplay challenge)
But What I really wanted to make was Granmamare from Ponyo. And I know my sister has a dream of making Fujimoto
March was so full of Mass Effect Andromeda Hype that the 100NOK/10EUR/10USD challenge theme was simply space. Since I was deep into making my Andromeda PJ's I didn't have time to make another costume. And the MEA PJ's would have been way over budget (fabric is expensive). But I really want to do an MEA Asari look. I have a lot of MEA apparel and I have enough latex to make a new headpiece out on my old mold. This will happen later :) Maybe in the style of Captain Atandra or Sarissa Theris chilling out after a mission?
Following up on the 100NOK/10USD/10EUR cosplay challenge. The theme for April was both marvel and Alice in wonderland. Since I made two superheroes for the DC challenge, I wanted to go for Alice this time. Then again, I have a lot of Alice costumes already. For the I put together half pieces of the Silk Maiden dress I have wanted to make for ages from Alice Madness Returns. I had the Wig, knife and necklace from the Misstiched dress, And the dress is from my Steampunk Geisha.
I have also made several cheap costumes from the Alice universe earlier. The Red Queen My main cost for this cosplay was a pack of cards and some cheap red fabric. The crown, wig and makeup I already had :)
Steampunk Alice One of my Alice look was the steampunk interpretation. The main cost was for the blue fabric for the skirt and hat. The hat itself is made from cardboard, the wig was old and the corset was from my Big Sister cosplay.
I was invited to go to a car cemetary in Sweden, which would be the perfect setting for my Fallout cosplay. But if we were going to drive all that way I thought why not bring two costumes. And Piper has been on my list for a while.
I bought a cheap leather coat, added an extra collar and used a sanding machine to weater it. Here's the hem of the jacket before and after.
I also found a free pattern for sewing a "news boy cap".
The rest of the costume was bits and pieces I had around the house. The scarf was actually a second hand skirt which I cut into smaller strips. Photoshoot All photos are taken and edited by JL cosplay Studio and reflective.photography.