A few years back I made a cosplay of Elizabeth from Bioshock, but I never got around to do a proper photoshoot. But during Metrocon I got together with wonderful photographer Tom Vidar Johannesen. I also haven't made a proper tutorial for this costume, as I had no idea what I was doing when making it (it is not well made). So all I have of tutorials are for the Brooch and Salt bottle.
Summer version. I also did a summer version of Elizabeth, No jacket and a "tie around the waist" skirt.
There was something about the design of this Wonder Woman that caught my attention. She's sexy, but not vulgar and has a kick ass attitude. It also seemed fairly simple, making it a perfect Sunday outfit for a convention.
Official art from DC Comics.
Bandanna The head band was just sewed from two pieces on interfaced cotton, with the red star sewed on. The stars are embroidered appliques I found in Japan.
Shirt I had an old red shirt which I never use (expect this one time when i cosplayed Poison Ivy). So I added a white collar and an emblem in front to change it into my wonder woman shirt.
Emblem was made by sewing red stretch fabric over a yellow felt piece.
Shorts Shorts were sewn from a modified Burda pattern, with zipper in the back.
Belt The belt buckle was laser cut from plywood. Glued together with wood glue, spray painted, airbrushed and highlighted. It is attached to a elastic belt.
Bracers I made a vector file with the pattern for the bracers and then laser cut it into worbla.
The worbla was wrapped around a foam piece.
Heated to shape
And black acrylic weathering.
Shoes I actually had the perfect shoes for this cosplay, except they were white. I have never tried to dye shoes before and took this as a challenge. My first attempt was with synthetic leather spray color. Too bad one can wasn't enough. Good news, the color held really well once applied.
I finished the coloring with my airbrush and acrylic paint. The white parts were glued on.
Also, my favorite blacksmith Stickweeds is currently working on a new commission for me, Corvo's mask from the first game, in real metal <3 Can't wait for it to be finished. Follow his page for more metal progress.
I'm the boss, CEO, queen if you are feeling dramatic...
It is no secret that I love Mass Effect and I actually started on this Aria cosplay back in 2012, but never finished... Until now. Head piece I had made a new cast for an Asari headpieces in April 2015 and had only to cast up and paint another for Aria. Here's the tutorial for how to make the latex head piece: Sculpting, molding and casting. The new head piece was base painted with PAX (a 50/50 mix of Pros aide glue and acrylic paint) and detailed and weathered with more acrylic paint.
Jacket I don't have the best photos of making the jacket, but here are a few work in progress photos and some photos of what it looked like in the end.
The finished jacket
Bodysuit I had found this amazing sci-fi inspired fabric a while ago at Stoff og Stil. I made a pattern tracing an exciting top mixed with tracing a swim suit.
I sewed in an old bra to get the shape I wanted for the top half of the body suit.
The buckles were lasercut from plywood.
Aria shows a lot of purple skin, and I really don't want to paint my stomach. So with a flexible purple fabric I sewed an under suit and painted it to match Arias skin tone.
Gloves And speaking of skin tone. If you have ever painted your hands for cosplay you know it is a pain to touch anything, to wash your hands and the color will come off. So I made gloves matching aria skin color. I outlined my hands and sewed the gloved, then added fake nail and nail polish.
Bah, they look creepy like this.
It is also important to shade the gloved (purple ones), gives a more realistic look.
Thighs Again started with making a pattern and measuring my thighs. They are even lined with hidden pockets for my phone and money :D