First let's take a look at the corset, which obviously is an underbust corset. It has a smooth surface and the color matches the jacket. The triangle is a little lighter than the dress. Also you cannot see the lacing on the back.
Artwork from SupergiantGames
I started by making a brand new pattern based on my measurements. I followed this tutorial by Katafalk to draw it up.
With my new pattern I sewed the corset core out of canvas, this would both work as a mock up and as the strength layer.
The triangle emblem is sewn onto the top layer before sewing the three layers together. Originally I wanted the emblem to glow, but my EL panel turned out to have a green glow. Well, back to plan two in stead. Since I have kept the materials choices coherent so far I could "treat" myself to one patterned fabric for the inner lighter part of the triangle.
The three layers are sewn together using a method called floating cover/lining. See this tutorial for more information.
The grommets were of course added before the modesty flap was sewed on. If you are curious on how to lace up a corset then you are in luck, Sidney eileen have written about that too.
Last step was to sew on the bias tape. For this I used a mothod called "stich in the ditch" which make the edges very clean.
Video by MythosCreations
Final corset :D My best one so far. Can't wait to get some really good photos of me wearing it.