Since I did take some in progress photos I might just add a write up of this piece also. For the smooth surfaces I used cardboard as a base, with foam details in layers. The end piece is only foam.
I wanted arrows to stick out of my shield, but to be able to pack and transport the costume I need to be able to take them off. For this I embedded M5 nuts into the cardboard and secured with worbla, while the corresponding bolt where attached to the arrows (You'll see later)
Then I gradually covered the top with worbla (only the top) and wrapped it around the edges.
Since I was going to cover up the underside with fabric anyways I thought I would save a little by only using worbla on one side. The ornamented back piece would not be covered with fabric, so I tried to blend the surface using paper mache again, and it worked beautifully.
I also made a bracer and a claw for the other arm.
Again, painting will be covered in a seperate tutorial.
I love making original designs, it is a way to take all those small ideas you want to try out and put them together to a costume. This is...
There is something very interesting about Rapture, so until Burial at Sea launces and I can cosplay Elizabeth as femme fatale I will final...
I have gotten many request to make a tutorial for how I built my Vi hands. As always my documentation skills are not sufficient, but I will ...