torsdag 12. februar 2015

Happy Birthday - Portal style

I love portal, I work as a tester and even have a second portal gun to decorate my office space. And for my birthday this year I made myself a postal style cake.



There are several tutorials, videos and photos of other people making this cake. But I don't care, the cake was for me and it is my birthday. 

Me being a bit lazy (and have a million other things to do) I cheated and used a cake mix. You can actually find the real recipe in the game :) 


Mix up and bake

I make two cake to go on top of each other to give it that great hight

Frosting I actually made myself, butter, dark chocolate (melted), powedered sugar and a couple of spoons of coffee. I used a cheese slicer to make the chocolate flakes that goes on top. 

Mix it up = very unhealthy frosting. 

Frosting in the middle

Double decker

And frosting on top

Chocolate flakes and again since I'm lazy just butter cream for the white dots. But seriously it was not easy getting chocolate on the sides of the cake, very messy.

For some reason I did not find brighter cherries in the store, so I ended up with a darker more "rustic" looking version of the cake.



And with my current youtube trend, I tried to make a video out of this.



No more cake?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar